Development/Event Planning Internship
IPNO selects two interns per year (one fall, one spring) to assist with our communications, development and event planning. Application deadlines are rolling.
Primary duties may include:
- Assisting with researching funders and drafting grant proposals
- Assisting with donor research and prospecting
- Updating and maintain donor database
- Creating and editing graphic development materials, ex: slideshows and other materials
- Assisting with event management and logistics
- Provide staffing support at events as needed
- Provide general administrative support for the development/communications staff
- Providing general support (sending faxes, photocopying, sending overnight packages and maintaining files)
- Assisting with the implementation of public education and communication projects if needed
Interns must have relevant experience or be working toward a related degree (i.e. public relations, communications, nonprofit management, grant writer) and be willing to commit at least 12 hours a week for the semester. An ability to interact in a professional, friendly, confident manner is essential. Dependability and a willingness to pitch in on a variety of assignments are equally important characteristics for this position.
- Top notch organizational skills and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office suite and database experience
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Skills in the areas of writing, event planning, fundraising, social media, media relations and Web and graphic design are a plus.
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
IPNO considers applicants for positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, creed, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any legally protected status. We strongly encourage people from traditionally marginalized groups to apply.
Please email Cat Forrester at email@example.com in order to apply, with subject line “Development Intern”.